Ex-spouse cannot make you pay for your child’s college education. It is completely up to you. Once your child turns the age of 18, then your child support obligations stop. The only way your child support obligation will continue is if your child is 18 but they are not expected to graduate by the time they turn 18. If they are performing in good faith and they have a reasonable expectation of graduating before their 19th birthday, then you would still be obligated to pay for child support, but once the child turns 18 and is in college, you do not have to pay for your child’s college education.

For more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.

Serving the One

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.

We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.

With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.

We truly are here to serve the one.

© 2012 The Guardian Law Firm, P.A.