Marital Assets and Liabilities Part 1 of 15 | Divorce Attorney Fort Myers/Naples
Starting Point – Factual Findings §61.075(3)
The distribution of all marital assets and marital liabilities, whether equal or unequal, shall include specific written findings of fact as to the following:
- Clear identification of nonmarital assets and ownership interests;
- Identification of marital assets, including the individual valuation of significant assets, and designation of which spouse shall be entitled to each;
- Identification of the marital liabilities and designation of which spouse should be responsible for each liability;
- Any other findings necessary to advise the parties or the reviewing court of the trial court’s rationale for the distribution of marital assets and allocation of liabilities
- the trial court erred in valuing the wife’s jewelry at $10,000 and distributing that amount to her as part of her share of marital assets where the only testimony as to the value of the jewelry came from the husband and concluding that the husband’s “unsupported opinion as to the value of the jewelry that was not definitively described is not sufficient to warrant the distribution of that amount to the wife. Lassett v. Lassett, 768 So.2d 472, 474 Fla. 2d DCA 2000).
For more information please contact us to schedule your free consultation.
Serving the One
At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.
We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.
We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.
With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.
We truly are here to serve the one.