Yes, you do owe her support even if you do not know where she moved to. If the payments were being automatically taken out of your paycheck, then I’m sure she is still receiving that payment as well. If it was something where you were handwriting a check to her, you still have to make sure that you keep those checks and you keep that separate money in a separate bank account to make sure that you get it to her whenever you are able to locate her.
What you can do is you can file a supplemental petition to modify time-sharing or to stop child support payment, to show the court that she left with the child and that you want her to come back to re-establish your time-sharing rights, which may lower your child support obligations.

For more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.

Serving the One

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.

We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.

With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.

We truly are here to serve the one.

© 2012 The Guardian Law Firm, P.A.