If they have the ability to pay child support and refuses to pay then the court can hold them in criminal contempt and not just civil contempt. The difference between the two is that for criminal contempt the court can throw you in jail. The only way you can get out of jail is to pay an amount that is called the purge amount. The court will establish a minimum child support payment that they must pay in order for them to get out of jail. They will not be able to pay a bail bondsman 10% or anything of that nature to be able to get out. The only way they can get out is to pay the purge amount.

For more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.

Serving the One

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.

We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.

With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.

We truly are here to serve the one.

© 2012 The Guardian Law Firm, P.A.