What you will need is a Florida drivers license or identification card to show that you have been a resident here in the state of Florida for six months or more. If you do not have those, then we can have a document where we have witnesses corroborating that you have been a resident here for six months or more. The second, we need to file a petition for dissolution of marriage, and if there are children involved, then you will also need to file a UCCJEA which is a Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act, which gives the court jurisdiction over the kids to determine child support and time-sharing issues. You may also want to file a proposed parenting plan where you ask the court here is what I am proposing, and hopefully, the other party agree on, and a financial affidavit to determine what is your income so the court can base the child support obligation and alimony based on that as well.

For more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.

Serving the One

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.

We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.

With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.

We truly are here to serve the one.

© 2012 The Guardian Law Firm, P.A.