If you want to move to another state then you will have to file a petition for relocation. As long as you’re moving more than 50 miles away from your current residence that is established by the courts then you would need to either obtain permission from the other parent. If they’re in agreement then just file the proper documentation with the court but if they are not, then you would have to go in front of the judge and inform the judge why you want to move and so the judge would allow you to move.

For more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.

Serving the One

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.

We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.

With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.

We truly are here to serve the one.

© 2012 The Guardian Law Firm, P.A.