Yes, it is necessary to establish paternity. Now, if you are paying support through the Department of Revenue, and they say that paternity has already been established, it is different from having your parental rights established with the child. You will still need to file a petition to establish paternity with the Circuit Family Law Court, so that way you have rights established with the child, because right now, you are just making support payments. If the mother decides to take the child out of the state, there is no legal recourse that you have. The best way to do it is to make sure that you file that petition to get your paternity established with the Circuit Court, so that way you have your rights in writing with the child.

For more information, please contact us to schedule your consultation.

Serving the One

At the Guardian Law Firm, we believe in the sanctity of marriage. It is our goal to provide you with as many resources to help salvage your marriage. If all else fails, we are here to help you facilitate the divorce process to establish long-term stability that minimizes the need for subsequent court action as well as the emotional drain on the parties and families.

We strive to provide the best client service possible in a warm and welcoming environment. To that end, we place a high priority on detail, value, service, and communication, beginning with the initial consultation, and continuing even after the matter is resolved.

We are committed to providing the kind of service and environment that we all want as consumers.

With representation and the right attorneys in their corner, our clients will return to being the productive citizens and family members they have been and wanted to be again.

We truly are here to serve the one.

© 2012 The Guardian Law Firm, P.A.